Plantation Shutters and Replacement WindowsAugust 2, 2021
Are Your Replacement Windows Wasting Your Money?August 16, 2021
Window blinds actually mean a lot for the replacement windows on your San Jose, CA house. From style and design to energy efficient and even temperature control, they make a big difference. Before all the options overwhelm you, use this list of what to think about before choosing your window blinds to help you be more prepared to find the best ones for your home.
- Window Shape – It’s easy to change a lot of things around your house, but window shape is not one of them. It’s imperative to find widow blinds that fit and complement your home’s window shape. There are tons of window blinds that fit window shapes from classic rectangular to custom arched on the market. You can even custom-design and build window blinds to fit your specific needs and design wishes.
- Appearance – You can never discount the importance of style, and your window blinds are a big part of that. The right window blinds can give you traditional clean lines or vibrant hints of color to perfectly complement your décor. Think about what your home style is, to find window blinds to perfectly match.
- Cost – We can’t trick ourselves into thinking that budgets aren’t important, even when it comes to window blinds. Affordability is a key factor when finding window blinds. Materials, sizes, and time constraints all have an effect on the cost of window blinds. Think about what you want to spend on your new window blinds.
- Light Control – No one likes TV glare or sun-bleached furniture. Window blinds play a huge part in light control for your home. You can choose light filtering blinds that just minimize the light coming in or blackout treatments that totally block light when closed. Window blinds with operable slats are also a good choice as they allow you to customize light control on a daily basis. You can tilt the slats open to allow some light to come in or close them completely for total light control. Definitely think about what kind of light control you want your new window blinds to have.
- Insulation – Even homes here in sunny Tucson need insulation. The hot days oftentimes make your air conditioner work overtime, but the right window blinds can help. About 25% of the cost it takes to cool your home is from energy loss out your windows, but there are excellent blinds options that can knock that number down. For example, cellular window blinds provide superb extra insulation due to their honeycomb shape. Insulation is always a factor when buying new window blinds.
Buying new window blinds for your San Jose, CA replacement windows doesn’t have to be stressful or scary. If anything, it should be fun! If you want more help, or have questions about replacement windows in general, contact California Custom Creations. Stop by and pay us a visit or give us a call today to learn more about replacement windows.