Are you looking for replacement windows for your San Jose, CA home? If so, you might want to consider vinyl windows. Your grandparents or parents might tell you to avoid vinyl windows like the plague, as they used to be cheaply made and unattractive. However, thanks to modern advances in technology and construction, vinyl windows are just as durable, beautiful, and weatherproof as clad wood or wood windows.
Vinyl windows have a lot of benefits over other window materials, such as:
- Boosted Home Value—Vinyl windows are very desirable these days as they stay strong and visually appealing for many years. They are great investments that can increase your home’s value. Potential buyers, and appraisers, look for the types of benefits that vinyl windows provide, making them a great option if you might sell down the road.
- Weather and Water Resistant – You can always count on properly installed vinyl windows for air and watertight seals. They’ll keep out the rain, snow, or sleet as well as nasty pests like bugs or mice. You can even buy soundproof vinyl windows for even more comfort in your home.
- User Friendly – Vinyl windows are made for smooth operation. With their simple tracking and frame systems, they are easy to open or close and require minimal effort on your part.
- Superior Energy Efficiency – PVC is a tough insulator. It keeps the hot or cold outside air from affecting the conditioned air inside your home. This effective insulation not only keeps your home heated or cooled to your desired comfort level but also lowers your energy use to stay green and keep your bills down.
- Easy Maintenance– One of the best things about vinyl windows is their almost nonexistent maintenance requirements. They’re built with integrated colors in the sashes and frames, and therefore never need to be repainted or refinished. Vinyl frames are also built to stand the test of time, resisting rust, stains, and warping. Vinyl windows also only need infrequent cleanings, as they repel dirt, water, road salt, and dust on their own. When it does come time to clean your vinyl windows, use a simple mixture of soap and water.
Vinyl replacement windows are made from polyvinyl chloride or PVC for short. PVC is a man-made plastic polymer that’s super tough and impact resistant, and doesn’t have any known health concerns. This material is ideal for windows because of its high insulation and rigidity properties. Vinyl window frames generally have hollow spaces, called chambers, tucked between multiple layers of PVC. These chambers help reduce heat and cold transfer, keeping your home regulated to your preferred temperature and your energy bills down.
Want to learn more about San Jose, CA replacement windows and vinyl? California Custom Creations is ready to help you out. Please pay us a visit or give us a call for more information on what we can do for you and your home. After all, from construction and energy efficiency to basic visual appeal, you can’t go wrong with vinyl windows.