Tips for Using Your Tax RefundFebruary 8, 2021
Before You Start That Renovation…February 22, 2021
A new year is a perfect chance for a fresh start. But New Year’s resolutions don’t have to be about going to the gym or drinking less, they can also be about making your home the best it can be. There are tons of ways you can update your home in the new year. Homeowners everywhere are looking for new looks for their houses for their resolutions, and these projected design trends for 2021 are here to inspire. From adding energy efficient treatments to the replacement windows on your San Jose, CA home to bringing in more natural light and bright colors, here are the projected design trends for 2021:
- Intimate Spaces – Even though open floor plans aren’t going anywhere; many people will be adding intimate spaces into their designs come 2021. This trend will pop up in the form of zones that create multiple gathering spots in one large room. Push furniture closer together or add an armchair or a pouf in a nook or corner.
- Splashes of Color – Neutral hues will still keep the spotlight, but in 2021 they will begin to be accepted by splashes of soft colors, like earthy greens, pastel pinks, soft blues, light mints, and cool terracotta. There are also rumors that black or darkly colored kitchens might make a comeback.
- Organic Materials – Organic materials like wood, bamboo, wicker, hemp, rattan, jute, and more are going to be big in 2021. You can expect them to appear in furniture, finishes, decorations, and even replacement windows. Organic materials are easy to incorporate into any room of your home, like accents and accessories to add texture or window treatments to serve as centerpieces.
- Add Metal – An interesting contrast to all the organic materials will be metal accents. Metal finished on furniture legs, light fixtures and artwork add industrial, modern interest to space and helps balance out a potential excess of natural materials and textures.
- Natural Light – To match the organic materials, homes are going to be filled with natural light in 2021. This is because natural light creates an open, airy feeling that’s impossible to duplicate with electric light. Plus, natural light helps highlight the finishes and colors in a space. To let in more light, you can expect a shift in the number of replacement windows homes will have as well as an increase in more versatile window treatments that make light control simple.
- Energy Efficiency – Green, sustainable living has never been more popular. If you haven’t invested in energy-efficient measures for your home, right now is the best time to start as energy efficient products not only save the environment, but also help save you money. A great place to begin is with your windows and window treatments.¯Look for replacement windows that have high-quality insulation features like triple-pane glass, gas fillers, and low-emissivity glaze.¯But don’t stop at just upgrading your windows! You can also make your window treatment more energy efficient if you choose insulating models like shutters.
California Custom Creations is here to help if you want to learn more about home design or San Jose, CA replacement windows.