Want to Update Your Basement?April 4, 2022
Replacement Windows and Summertime MaintenanceApril 18, 2022
If you’re willing to invest a little elbow grease, there are tons of ways you can make your home better without spending a ton of money. From installing treatments on your replacement windows on your San Jose, CA home to changing your light bulbs, here are super easy DIY home improvement ideas:
- Update Your Window Treatments – Window treatments are great, but they can get dirty if left unattended. A quick way to make your home feel new again is to clean your window treatments. You can even repaint or re-stain shutters or shades if you want to add a fresh pop of color.
- Bring in Greenery – Plants, flowers, and other greenery always add life and color to a space. Are they worried about watering? Buy some fake plants!
- Clean Up Cords – Cords hanging off the TV, tangled by the nightstand, or snaking around your desk look messy. Clear away and organize your cords by investing in some cheap cord organizers and power strips.
- Organize Your Closets – Cleaning out and organizing your closet doesn’t take any money, tools, or gadgets, but it can make a huge difference in your home. Sort your garments and other items into three piles: keep, donate, and throw away.
- Spend Time Painting – Few things update a space more than a fresh coat of paint. You can change the color of a room for a super new look, or you can give the existing color a refresh.
- Refresh Your Furniture – A brand new couch is pricey, but reupholstering your existing sofa takes a few hours and some creativity. You can update other furniture, too, like chairs and tables with a new stain or coat of paint.
- Invest in Shelves – Install some shelves if you have a random wall or corner in your home that you don’t quite know what to do with. Floating shelves are easy to install, and they look very chic. Plus, it’s a safe bet that you could use a little more storage.
- Update Dated Fixtures – It’s incredible how much changing fixtures can change a room. Whether updating frosted glass pendant lights or ripping out nasty old ceiling fans instead of more modern ones, spend the weekend changing your dated fixtures for a quick home update.
- Create Pet Space – Your furry friend deserves a space all his own, and you deserve a home that’s free from pet clutter. Take some time on your weekend to carve out a dedicated space for your pet and all his accessories.
- Clean Tile and Grout – Nothing makes a bathroom or kitchen seem older and dirtier than stained grout or tile. Buy a cheap tile and grout refreshing kit at your local hardware store or online and spend the afternoon scrubbing. It might take some elbow grease, but your kitchen and bathroom will look good as new.
So if you want more DIY tips or information on San Jose, CA, replacement windows? We are here to help. After all, sometimes, the minor changes in your home make the most significant impact.