Tips for Making Your Beach House AwesomeJuly 25, 2022
Should You Hire a Contractor for Your Replacement Windows?August 8, 2022
Fall will be here before we know it. With the crisp air, colorful leaves, yummy scents, and comfy sweaters, it’s no wonder people want to celebrate fall. One great way to mark the coming of autumn is to update your front porch and replacement windows in San Jose, CA with fun fall touches. Here are some ideas on how to update your front porch for fall:
- Go Beyond the Basic Pumpkin – Pumpkins are the best, but they can be kind of boring since everyone does pumpkin things for fall. Get creative with your pumpkins to set your front porch apart. For example, check out different kinds of gourds or try and paint your pumpkins bright or eye-catching colors like gold or silver.
- Fall Containers – Fall is a great time for fun containers. From apple crates and bushel baskets to galvanized buckets, take advantage of the fall theme to play with different containers and various things to go in them, such as evergreen branches, dried flowers, fall berries, or even faux garlands and leaves.
- Clean It Up – Give your front porch a little TLC in the form of cleaning this fall. Scrub or wipe off your front door, wipe down your windows, and definitely sweep the leaves and dirt off the floor.
- Update Your Windows – While dreary old windows might work for a haunted house, you surely want your home to look welcoming and warm. Invest in replacement windows for your front porch and home to enjoy a fresh look for fall. You can also invest in some new window treatments, like stylish and functional shutters.
- Lights – As the days grow shorter, be sure to add welcoming lights to your porch or entryway. Different-sized lanterns are always fun and festive, while electric candles offer up a spooky Halloween vibe. You can also try bistro lights or string lights wound on the railing or through the ceiling. As a bonus, add a motion-activated light to your porch so guests feel welcome even after the fun goes down.
- Paint the Door – Fall is a great time to paint your entry door a new color. While fall-inspired hues like yellow, red, gold, and orange are beautiful, you can also go a bit more outside the box like blue, black, or even a deep violet.
- New Welcome Mat – There are tons of welcome mats available these days, so why not get a new one for every season? Try a fall motif or a spooky Halloween-inspired pattern, or go for a cute welcome message like “Boo” or “Hi, Pumpkin.”
- Update Plants – Swap out your bright summer plants, flowers, or foliage for more fall-themed décor. Chrysanthemums are an excellent fall flower as they’re hardy enough for the changing weather but bright enough to add a gorgeous pop of color. Ornamental cabbage plants and perennial grasses are also great choices for fall foliage on your front porch.
We are here to help if you’re ready to update your home for the fall. We offer expert San Jose, CA replacement window services and décor tips to make your home the best it can be. Call or visit us today to learn more about what we can do for your home.