It’s always been easy to forget about decorating your laundry room. After all, you don’t want to spend more time in your laundry room than you need to! But with these tips, your laundry room will be great. What if you could make your laundry room somewhere you want to spend time? These tips, like choosing fun wallpaper and adding new treatments to the replacement windows on your San Jose, CA laundry room will help make you want to do your laundry.
- Hang Artwork – If you don’t want to commit to a bright wall color or wallpaper, add interest to the artwork. Paintings, prints, photographs, or even written signs from your local home goods store will all add color.
- Use Wallpaper – Wallpaper is great for bringing life and brightness into a small room, like a laundry room. Try installing wallpaper from the floor to the ceiling on one wall to make an accent wall or do a strip of wallpaper along with the entire room.
- Paint the Ceiling – Since laundry rooms are so small, they often don’t have space for fun design moments. So, use the ceiling! Paint the ceiling a fun color that makes you happy.
- Mix Up the Cabinets – Try alternating between closed and open shelf or glass door cabinets in your laundry room. This helps keep the small space feel lighter and airy while also adding interest.
- Add Shelves – If you don’t have room for shelving on the surrounding walls, add shelves right on top of your front-load washer and dryer. These shelves will not only add storage but will also help cover up the ugly washer and dryer.
- Display Cleaning Supplies – As an incentive to keep your cleaning and laundry supplies organized, use them as décor. Store detergent and fabric softener in glass or ceramic containers with fun labels for added personality.
- Make the Most of the Space – Most people aren’t blessed with massive laundry rooms. So, you need to make the most of the space. Take a look at the layout and see if there’s a way you can maximize storage and counter space by moving the machines, sink, or cabinets.
- Be Careful with Materials – Your laundry room is first and foremost a functional space. Therefore, you need to make sure that the materials you choose are functional as well as stylish. Will the floor be easy to clean? Can you quickly wipe off the countertops?
Most of all, make your laundry room a place you want to be in by having fun with the design. Let your personality shine in the colors, layout, window treatments, storage solutions, and every other aspect of the room.
California Custom Creations is here to help if you want more design tips or information on San Jose, CA replacement windows. We have years of industry experience we’d be happy to put to use for you. Stop by and visit us or give us a call today to learn more about what we can do for you and your replacement windows.