If you’re installing new replacement windows in your San Jose, CA home, you have a great opportunity to add custom glass. From style to function and many other benefits, custom glass is a wonderful addition to any home. There are lots of different kinds of custom glass out there for replacement windows including privacy, safety, decorative and etched.
Decorative glass can come in almost any color, size, or shape. Add grilles and grids for added support with the look of individual panes, or stained glass for color and personality. You can even order glass to fit unusual replacement window shapes like round, triangle, or diamond to fit unique spaces around your home.
- Privacy glass is a lightly blurred glass that prevents people from seeing into your home without filtering too much natural light. There are privacy glass options that have an obscurity rating of 9 or higher, meaning it’s almost impossible to see through for ultimate privacy. Privacy glass can also be decorative, with patterns like frosted leaves, pebbles, and rain.
- Safety glass is a tempered option that is more resistant to shattering and breaking than standard replacement window glass. Typically, window glass breaks into either big, dangerous pieces or tiny shards that can cause serious injuries. Tempered safety glass breaks into small, round pieces with no sharp edges, greatly reducing injury risk.
- Etched glass is another kind of decorative glass. It comes in eight common yet distinctive patterns including single, double, diamond, petal, trellis, and more. Etched glass is also available in different etching styles like a shadow, frosted and polished. Combine different patterns and styles for unique replacement window looks that match your home décor and personality.
You can use custom glass for replacement windows all around your home. Each type has different uses and different ideal locations
- Privacy glass is a great option for bathroom windows, as it boosts privacy but still lets in lots of natural light. You can even use privacy glass inside your home for shower doors or dividers.
- Safety glass is perfect for any replacement window in your home, but especially for those in potentially unsafe areas. For example, use safety glass in windows around wet or slippery areas in case you fall and hit the window.
- Decorative glass is a great choice for any window that you want to add interest or make a focal point. Use stained glass in your entryway windows to greet guests with personality or put etched glass in your kitchen windows to cast fun shadows on the counter.
California Custom Creations is here to help if you want to learn more about custom glass and your replacement windows. We have years of San Jose, CA replacement window experience and would love to use that experience to help make your home better with good windows. Please stop by our showroom located to see some replacement windows and glass options in person. You can also give us a call for more information on what we can do for you and your home.