With so many replacement windows in San Jose, CA, how do you find the best for your home? From single and double hung to casement, picture, and many more, there are tons of replacement windows to choose from.
The best place to start is with the most popular options, as they are popular for a reason. One of the most popular kinds of replacement windows is gliding. Read on to learn more about gliding windows to see if they are right for you and your home.
Gliding windows, or sliding windows, do not open outward. Rather, both sashes glide horizontally. This is ideal for a few reasons, the main ones being maximum ventilation and ease of use. Gliding windows offer a lot of benefits for homes. Some of these benefits are:
- Easy Use – Gliding windows are extremely user-friendly and reliable. They open smooth, easy-to-maintain tracks, and lift out so you can easily clean the exterior glass from inside your home. You can also easily add weather stripping for increased energy efficiency and proper weather performance.
- Versatility – Since both sashes can move, you can open a gliding window to the left side, the right side, or a portion of both for maximum ventilation. You can also find gliding windows with a stationary sash for a different approach.
- Save Space – Because the sashes don’t open outward, gliding windows save a ton of space. They’re ideal for rooms in which a projecting window (open or closed) may interfere with walkways, decks, landscaping, or patios.
- Ventilation – Gliding window sashes’ horizontal movement allows for full top or bottom ventilation, getting more fresh air into your room.
- More Natural Light – Gliding windows have contoured, narrow frames that allow more glass for a wider viewing area and less light block. Oftentimes gliding windows have the most glass area of all operable windows.
- Different Styles – There are also many subcategories of gliding windows, allowing you to find the exact style that meets your needs and preferences. For example, you can get gliding fractional vent windows for a smaller opening, or gliding triple windows to maximize the ventilation on both sides. You can also customize gliding windows by combining them with picture or specialty windows for an even larger opening.
- Customization – Gliding windows come in lots of different colors for easy customization. You can also choose your preferred hardware and grilles to better match your style.
If you’re looking for contemporary windows that are easy to use, versatile, and have lots of ventilation, gliding windows may be for you.
California Custom Creations is here to help if you want to learn more about gliding windows, or other kinds of replacement window options. We have years of experience in the San Jose, CA replacement window business, and would love to use that experience to help you and your loved ones find the best replacement windows for your home. You can pay us a visit at our showroom or give us a call on the phone today for more information on want we can do for you and your home.